How would you describe Thailand?
Located in the heart of mainland Southeast Asia, Thailand is a country of mountains, hills, plains and a long coastline along the Gulf of Thailand (1,875 km) and the Andaman Sea (740 km), not including the coastlines of some 400 islands, most of them in the Andaman Sea. … Thai is the national and official language.
What are 5 interesting facts about Thailand?
Fun and interesting facts about Thailand
- Bangkok’s real name is super long. …
- Thailand is a land of temple. …
- Thailand used to be known as Siam. …
- Siamese cats are native to Thailand. …
- The first conjoined twin to become internationally known came from Thailand. …
- Over 90 per cent of Thais are Buddhist. …
- Males were all Buddhist monks.
What are some geographical issues?
Some examples of contemporary geographical issues and events include:
- air and water pollution.
- child labour and exploitation.
- coastal erosion.
- coal seam gas extraction.
- endangered species.